11 Reasons why Adirondack Woodcraft Camps is Awesome
Aug 07, 2018
Here we go again, campers—can you keep up with us?! Our summer camp days in the beautiful Adirondacks are flying by just like that. Woodcrafters have been having a blast in camp and out on their overnight trips. Remember when everyone was new? We don’t either! All of our Adirondack Woodcraft summer campers and counselors are one big, adventurous family and here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Hanging out with awesome summer camp friends
- Working on skills and earning patches in archery, canoeing, swimming, nature, riflery, outdoor leadership and catching fish, biking, climbing, zipping, getting sporty on the A-Field and Field-O, crafting like crazy, evening camp wide games…
- Celebrating Halloween complete with costumes, doughnuts on a string, hayrides, spooky riddles, and tossing sponges at camp counselors
- A surprise snow afternoon AND beach evening all in the same day,
- Day trips like Black Bear, Canoe the Moose, mountain biking to Old Forge to check out our local museum and back, and an art & nature exploration
- Super cool 1-4 night overnight trips that include: our 6-9 year olds & counselors canoeing to their own island for a true Adirondack camp out in a lean-to, 3 nights out on the Northville-Placid Trail for our oldest summer campers, double overnights filled with adventures to places like Chimney Mountain, Sargent Ponds Wild Forest, Ok Slip Falls, & Raquette, Garnet, and Blue Mountain lakes
- Ridiculously fun games of spoons
- AND doing a pretty great job of keeping camp and our cabins clean!
Just because we like to round things up, let’s go for:
9. We’ve got Carnival coming up this Sunday and
10. Olympics start on Tuesday!
11. some of our oldest campers are going on a High Peaks or Rafting trip next week!
We know you wish you were here, too. Don’t worry, we’re staying put so you can come next summer to visit or spend your time living it up summer camp style at the greatest camp ever: Adirondack Woodcraft Camps.
We’ll write more news again soon!
Your Adirondack Woodcraft Summer Camp Team